Carrollton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
A Carrollton nursing home abuse lawyer can provide support and guidance and help you recover compensation if your loved one suffered abuse or neglect in a nursing home or other long-term care facility.
Call 1-800-516-4783 to see how a lawyer can help you today.
Get Help from a Carrollton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Today
When it comes to pursuing compensation after Texas nursing home abuse, you may find yourself facing an uphill battle. This can seem impossible to manage, especially if you are also attempting to find a new care facility for your loved one or care for them yourself.
However, you do not need to handle it alone. A Carrollton nursing home abuse lawyer can handle the legal aspects of your case, while you focus on your loved one.
Call 1-800-516-4783 today for a free case review.
A nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer in Carrollton can do the following for you:
- Investigate the abuse, interview witnesses, and collect evidence
- Look into whether there have been prior complaints lodged against the alleged abuser or facility
- Work with expert witnesses and others who can help them better understand the case
- Attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement, if possible
- Present the evidence they collected in court and fight for a fair verdict and payout
If your loved one was the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in Carrollton, Texas, a nursing home abuse lawyer can help you hold the abuser and facility liable and recover the compensation you and your loved one need to move on and get your lives back.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Nursing home abuse has many forms. Some leave physical bruises and scars while others may hurt elders financially.
Some of the most common types of elder abuse include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual assault
- Emotional abuse
- Financial theft or fraud
Some common signs of abuse and neglect include:
- Restraint marks
- Depression or withdrawal
- Fear or apprehension around a certain caregiver
- A caregiver’s unwillingness to leave you alone with your loved one
- A strong odor of urine or feces
- Soiled sheets
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Untaken medication
- Increased reports of falls or injuries
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Unexplained bleeding
- Bruising around the breasts or genitals
- Unauthorized charges on a debit or credit card
- An unexpected change to a will or power of attorney
- Charges for services that were not provided
If you witness any signs of neglect or abuse, speak up today. Many residents in these facilities cannot defend themselves or are too fearful to speak up. A nursing home abuse lawyer can help you understand the types of abuse and take legal action to protect your loved one.
Damages Available in a Carrollton Nursing Home Abuse Case
The type and value of damages can vary from case to case because there are so many factors at play. Seniors who endure physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect in their Carrollton long-term care facility may have thousands of dollars in medical bills. Those who were the victim of fraud or financial abuse may not have any physical injuries, but their abusers need to repay thousands of dollars they stole from them.
As a part of investigating your loved one’s nursing home abuse and neglect case, a lawyer will identify their expenses and losses and collect evidence to prove them. This could include:
- Medical care related to their abuse or neglect
- Psychological counseling and care
- Repayment of financial losses
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death Damages
If you believe abuse or neglect played a role in causing your loved one’s death, you may be able to pursue compensation by filing a wrongful death action. A nursing home abuse lawyer can help: 1-800-516-4783.
You Only Have Two Years to Act
Texas law only gives abuse victims two years from the date of the allegedly negligent act to take legal action. If you miss this deadline, the statute may bar you from filing a civil suit in this case. For some nursing homes, the time to give notice of a potential claim may be as short as six months.
For this reason, it is best to reach out to a nursing home abuse lawyer as soon as possible after you suspect or discover abuse.
Talk to a Carrollton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
A Carrollton nursing home abuse lawyer can seek justice for your loved one if they were the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect. An attorney can explain your rights and take legal action on your behalf.
Call today to get started: 1-800-516-4783.