Hialeah Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Moving loved ones to nursing homes because you can no longer provide the care they need is a difficult, emotional process. When families suspect or uncover nursing home abuse and neglect from those entrusted to care for their family member, they feel betrayed.
Hold the abusers responsible by consulting with a Hialeah, FL nursing home abuse lawyer. Lawyers take on these cases to secure compensation for your loved one and prevent this type of abuse from happening to someone else.
Victims cannot fight this battle alone. Call 1-800-516-4783 for a free case evaluation. All calls are kept confidential. A lawyer’s priority is to keep your loved one safe while they investigate your case.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse Cases
Lawyers have represented clients in cases that have involved:
- Bedsores and pressure ulcers: These are very preventable. If your loved one has bedsores, he or she may not be receiving proper care.
- Malnutrition and dehydration: Rapid weight loss or other gastrointestinal issues may be due to your loved one not receiving proper nutrition.
- Falls: As people age, they are more prone to slips and falls. However, be on the lookout for unexplained bruising and fractures, which may be due to hazardous conditions or a poorly maintained environment.
- Mismanaged medication and treatment errors: Improperly trained staff or failure to follow a patient’s care plan may lead to serious, life-altering medical mistakes.
- Emotional and sexual abuse: A change in a loved one’s behavior or mood swings may be a sign of psychological or sexual abuse, which sadly occurs often at nursing homes.
Consult with a Hialeah nursing home abuse lawyer who will identify the issues that led to your loved one’s injuries and take appropriate actions to hold the responsible parties accountable. Call 1-800-516-4783 for a free case consultation.
Factors Leading to Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Lawyers have handled a number of cases of nursing home abuse and neglect caused by:
- Poorly trained staff
- Tired or overworked staff due to too few staff members
- A lack of supplies, such as food and medication
- Mentally and physically isolating residents
Additionally, many nursing homes operate with low-paid, untrained workers – not registered nurses. This often results in a lot of staff turnover, which forces facilities to continuously hire new employees. The churn often leaves a nursing home maintaining a workforce with histories or reputations of violence, neglect, or abuse.
Contact a lawyer today to discuss the details of your Hialeah case. Call 1-800-516-4783.
Steps to Take if You Detect Nursing Home Abuse
First, if your gut tells you something is going on, look into it. Also, you should:
- Talk to your loved one.
- Document anything that appears unusual or suspicious.
- Take photographs of injuries, bedsores, hazardous or unsanitary conditions.
- Write down concerns.
Lawyers know how to handle these cases, treating them with sensitivity and confidentiality. They want your loved one to be safe and as comfortable as possible while they investigate the case.
Contact a Hialeah nursing home abuse lawyer who can help you build a case and hold all responsible parties accountable. Let a lawyer work to get you fair compensation and prevent the facility from hurting another person. Call 1-800-516-4783.
Recoverable Damages in a Nursing Home Abuse Case
Victims of nursing home abuse and neglect may be entitled to actual and punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded as financial punishment in the most serious cases. Punitive damages aim to deter this type of behavior in the future.
Understanding Actual Damages
Victims may be awarded actual damages, such as:
- Hospital, on-going treatment, therapy, and other medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
No amount of compensation can remove the hurt your loved one experienced. However, holding all responsible parties accountable can prevent another person from being abused or neglected.
Let a Hialeah nursing home abuse lawyer to fight to get your family justice and just compensation. Discuss the specifics of your case by calling 1-800-516-4783.
Reasons to Hire a Hialeah Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
In many cases, injuries or medical conditions caused by nursing home abuse or neglect are not obvious. That, coupled with incomplete medical and accident reports and uncooperative nursing home staff and management, as well as other factors, make finding out who is legally responsible challenging. This is where a Hialeah nursing home abuse lawyer can step in and help.
Lawyers remain sensitive and patient throughout the process. Lawyers understand that these cases require a delicate hand, so that is what they give clients. Your legal counsel will conduct a full investigation, gather evidence, and work to help victims get the justice and fair compensation they deserve. Allow a lawyer to advocate for your family and lead you through the legal process.
If you suspect someone you love is being neglected or abused by nursing home staff, then contact a lawyer today at 1-800-516-4783.
One has a limited period to file a claim for nursing home abuse neglect or abuse in Hialeah, FL due to Florida’s statute of limitations. Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights to pursue legal action.
The Costs of Hiring a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Lawyers require no upfront costs when you retain their legal services. Lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so lawyers only get paid when you receive compensation.
If someone you love is suffering due to the abuse or negligence they experienced at a nursing home, call today at 1-800-516-4783. Lawyers care about victims and their families and will work to get you justice and fair compensation.