The Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver College Scholarship is awarded once per year to a college student who is also a caregiver for a friend or family member suffering from a debilitating disease or medical condition. The scholarship is in the amount of $1,000.
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2019. Please review the eligibility criteria and application instructions below.
About the Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver Scholarship
The Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver College Scholarship acknowledges the challenges that being a part-time or full-time caregiver bring. Being a caregiver may make it difficult to work or attend school. Caregivers may also experience stress and burnout.
Being a caregiver is a noble endeavor, and this scholarship seeks to reward a deserving student with a college scholarship to help them attend college and earn a degree.
Eligibility for the Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver Scholarship
To be eligible for the Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver College Scholarship, applicants must meet these qualification criteria:
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average (must submit unofficial transcript)
- Attend or be admitted to an accredited college or university
- Be a part-time or full-time caregiver for a friend or family member
- Read our scholarship terms and conditions
- Write and submit a 500-word essay on a topic from the list below
- Fill out and properly submit the application on the right side of this page
Please write and submit (in PDF format) a 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- What challenges has being a caregiver presented and how have you coped or overcome them?
- What is the most important thing you learned from being a caregiver?
- What do you want other people to know about being a caregiver?
Apply for the Nursing Home Abuse Center Caregiver Scholarship
Fill out the application form on the right side of this page. You must submit the following in PDF format:
- Unofficial transcript from the most recent semester
- Essay (500 words) on a topic from the list above
The deadline to submit your application is June 15, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline or in any manner other than via the application form on this page will not be considered.